Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

"Black Panther" Preview

This is a special preview for the Oscars, which I want to say congratulations for all its award nominations.


I don’t know how to put this. I did not like it. I think it was over exemplified because a black superhero has its own movie. I’m all for diversity, I truly am. I am very glad that there were a number of strong characters in this movie, characters that children can look up to.
Hold up, let’s talk about that. I remember when this movie was playing in theaters, a lot of people were petitioning to screen it for free to young black children. A lot of people were killed in this movie. Okoye had her throat slit open. Zuri was stabbed in the gut. T'Challa kills Killmonger. Sterling K. Brown was speared in the chest by his brother. Gollum shot a man in the back while he was running away. And you thought it was okay to let hundreds of kids watch this?

For the full review, tune in on March 29, 2019.

Click image to view URL.
Academy Awards
  • Best Picture - Nominated
  • Best Original Score Ludwig Göransson - Nominated
  • Best Original Song "All the Stars" - Nominated
  • Best Costume Design Ruth E. Carter - Nominated
  • Best Production Design - Hannah Beachler & Jay Hart - Nominated
  • Best Sound Editing - Benjamin A. Burt & Steve Boeddeker - Nominated
  • Best Sound Mixing - Peter Devlin, Steve Boeddeker & Brandon Proctor - Nominated

No comments:

Post a Comment